Monday 12 February 2018

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 11

It was cold this morning......really cold and by noon it was warm and the snow was melting. That is 'weather' in the Foothills of Alberta. A 30 degree temperature change in 4 hours!




The Start
Prismacolor Premier Black pencil crayon,
collage and graphite

  






'Gus'
Acrylic mixed media on
140lb cold press watercolour paper 



I would like the 'dogs' to be freer and looser and they are starting to loose those qualities. Will have to 'think' on this and try something different tomorrow......






6 comments:

  1. Nice to know that Gus can come in from a wild carefree sloppy run in mucky weather (The Start) and clean up so well ('Gus')!

    Again, mesmerized by process and so grateful to you for sharing it.

    Eager to see what tomorrow brings, since Gus already looks appealingly free and impressionistic to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always Dotty, you leave me speechless with your way with words! I like Gus too - but would have wished for a bit more freedom - will just have to do another and another and....take care and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. Really love that start! It has character in its sloppiness!I don't find Gus tight in any way. Where did those warm tones disappear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol - yes...where did those warm tones go - a bit too heavy handed I'm afraid. And darn-it, that little voice in my head kept telling me to 'stop'! Next time I will listen to that voice.

      Delete
  3. I can see how they are tightening a bit, but I still really love Gus. ;) I do miss those warm tones you had in the beginning, but just like my vase, sometimes you have to lose good things, to get to something better.
    I think you are on a roll, as always ;) Love that you are sharing process shots, and that you are striving to learn something new :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said to Carol - as I was painting there was that voice - and I knew I should listen but I didn't. Trying to sort through the 'noise' when painting is hard - especially when trying to decide the positive from negative. Thanks as always for your wonderful support Sheila!!

      Delete