Tuesday 6 February 2018

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 5

I am working on some other paintings - not making a lot of progress, but at least I can say 'I am painting'. At the end of todays efforts I had some paint left over and a piece I had used to lift some paint. This is the result. Alas, no photos of where I started - I was a bit rushed - but will try to remember for next time. This is purely experimental - a bit of collage added, some caran d'ache crayon and washi tape. Is it a dog or a 'wild thing'  - not sure and it really doesn't matter to me. Was some fun play at the end of a painting day.


'The Wild Thing'
7"X7"
Acrylic mixed media on 140lb coldpress paper
(collage, caran d'ache, washi tape, stenciling & graphite) 







5 comments:

  1. Whimsicial Winsome Wilhelmina! Janet, this painting is a textured, layered, nuanced, monochromatic masterpiece. Love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my go to 'namer'!! Glad you like Wilhelmina. Was fun just to paint (with a bit of a time frame) and try out different 'stuff'. Have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. It's a dog, and according to Dotty, a she. She is waiting for her supper. That is what give her the energy to be "wild". Absolutely love her expression, and the patterns are great Janet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Dotty - she is much more observant than me!! As are you! Our two dogs were giving me the sad eyes as I finished this - was their dinner time - you can set you watch by them!! Maybe I was channeling that into 'Whilhelmena'. Glad she has brought a smile to your day - that makes me happy too!

      Delete