Friday 2 March 2018

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day 30

Day 30! Last dog....for this challenge, but not for me! This has been a great 30 days, has flown by and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to look and comment - it means a lot that you do that!!

Today's pup belongs to my daughter. He is a rescue that came to her out of the blue. It has been a match made in heaven. Because she travels occasionally with business he comes and stays with us and enjoys time in the country. He maybe weighs 20lbs soaking wet, but he is big on attitude!





'Sully'
8"X8"
Acrylic mixed media on 140lb watercolour paper







......and one more for good luck!.....a bit of paint left on the palette and a small canvas 




'Pal'
6"X6"
Acrylic mixed media on canvas 


                                            !!Happy Painting to you all!!





6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful puppy! Lots of character. Your paintings have really been inspiring, thinking I have to give dogs a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it Carol!! I had been thinking of 'dogs' for quite some time - and I am so glad I painted them this month. Still a ways to go but I am finding my way. Your comments and encouragement helped me along the way and I am very happy to know you made a connection with some of the pups - as an artist can't ask for anything more! Look forward to seeing you dogs soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet I have so loved your furry menagerie this month! Each one is a delight! These two are so sweet and fun! Sully really does have 'tude and Pal reminds me of Snoopy. Just plain fun ;) Do I see "Dog" scribbled on his rear leg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - wish I had come up with a 'dog' scribble - I like how you see! Sully returned home yesterday - attitude and all! Glad you like Pal - I do too - was fun to paint and I need to remember that - think he will have a spot on my studio shelf. Thanks for commenting - always appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Janet, AWESOME MONTH of painting for you, and lucky us to be along for the run, romping and cavorting with all those canine companions.

    'Sully' is another gem of gesture, bringing that pup to full life seemingly out of thin air (and thick paint!).

    'Pal' is a perfect little month-end bonus! I feel as though I've opened a children's picture book that tells the story of a toy wind-up pup. Something about that little bit of light paint at the tip of his tail says, 'You may think I'm a toy. You may think I am perched perfectly still on this shelf. But you will be wrong. I am wagging my tail. And I am a star."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you along this month - probably the best thing I have done for my painting in a long time was painting the dogs - initially thought maybe 3 or 4, but once I got going the idea of doing the month and seeing where I would end up became quite compelling! I am going to get out the 'goat hair' (cheap) brushes and start really painting - they make some great marks and hold that thick paint. Love Pal's story - I think he would be a very nice dog to have in our life! Have a great day!!

      Delete